With the holidays winding down and the new year approaching, many are hoping to cut back on unhealthy food and replace them with some healthier options. That said, cutting back doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice quality food in the process. There are many Indian food dishes that can provide a healthy meal without any sacrifice in flavor. As such, we wanted to highlight some healthy Indian dishes for the new year!
Whether you’re coming for our lunch buffet or our extensive dinner menu, we at Tamba Lounge strive to honor tradition and at the same time reinvent it. Located right on the strip, we’re the go-to if you’re looking for the best Indian food in Las Vegas while you’re in town. The next time you’re in Las Vegas, come on into Tamba Lounge! Otherwise, keep reading to learn more some healthy Indian dishes for the new year.
Healthy Indian Dishes for the New Year
- Tandoori Chicken: Marinated in yogurt and seasoned in tandoori masala, this dish provides a great deal of protein, which will keep you full longer!
- Aloo Palak: Made with mashed potatoes and stuffed with spinach and other leafy greens, this meal is nutrient-rich and a bit lighter than your average meal.
- Pumpkin Bhaji: This pumpkin-based dish is both delicious and healthy. It goes well with soft chapatis or over rice.
- Patrani Machhi: If you like seafood, this dish is hard to pass up. These are masala coated fish cooked over banana leaves. The meal is lean and protein rich.
- Palak-da-Saag: This is a famous Punjabi recipe loaded with spinach and other vegetables. Typically you serve this dish with naan or roti.
- Shrimp with Mango and Basil: This sweet and spicy dish is pan-fried and simple. You can eat as is or serve over jasmine rice, if you’d prefer!
Best Indian Food in Las Vegas
Tamba Lounge boasts a delicious lunch buffet and an extensive dinner menu. All our food both honors tradition yet reinvents it. Call us today for reservations, or if you have any questions about our menu!